Monday, August 31, 2009

Wow...I haven't posted since the 26th of June

Sorry for the extended hiatus to those of you who I haven't lost due to my long break from posting. But I have returned and I plan on picking up where I left off talking about music, movies and what-not.

Tunes:



I found this song the other day. I remember watching Sesame Street growing up and hearing Ernie sing the song "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon"...well here is Joseph Gordon-Levitt singing it.


He's also in a new romantic comedy with Zooey Deschanel called (500) Days of Summer that looks like it might be enjoyable, if only for the reason that they are the two stars.


Manchester Orchestra is a band that I have listened to on and off for about 3 years. Recently they have been on heavy repeat on my iPod and computer. Their lead singer Andy Hull has an amazing voice, the range he goes through in most of their songs is astounding. One of the reasons I never got into them is their tendency to be a little to screamy(?). I know it's not a word but it is how I would describe quite a few of their songs. Those of you who read the blog know I'm more into mellow slower paced music. So I was excited when I found Andy Hull's side project Right Away, Great Captain! Here are a couple of songs from both.

Manchester Orchestra - Everything to Nothing
Manchester Orchestra - I Can Feel a Hot One
Right Away, Great Captain! - Cutting Off the Blood to Ten
Right Away, Great Captain! - Down to Your Soul


Here are some other songs I've been listening to:
The xx - Crystalised
Jon Crocker - Moved to Nebraska
The Balconies - 300 Pages
Grand Archives - Oslo Novelist <----Highly Recommend!!!
Washed Out - Feel It All Around
Dirty Projectors - Knotty Pine



Movies:


Here are a few movie trailers to check out:
Ben showed me this one, which looks really cool
9

And Ang Lee's new movie, which could be good. (Mostly because Dimitri Martin is in it)
Taking Woodstock

That's it for this time, I should have another this week or weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment