Thursday, May 14, 2009

some different music

I figured I needed to give you a taste of some music that doesn't have acoustic guitar in it so here is your taste.



The French band Phoenix has a new album coming out on May 26th here in the U.S. I found this video the other day while listening to a few of their songs on-line. If you love 80’s movies and the random dance scenes that ensue in these wonderful movies enjoy this…


Phoenix – Too Young

Phoenix – Lisztomania


Another band who has gotten some popular attention this year is MGMT.

I originally heard this song on a soccer highlight video and I can remember thinking it was a pretty catchy tune. I haven’t listened to a lot of their music, but I’ve listened to this quite a bit. Here it is along with a few covers.

MGMT - Kids

The Kooks – Kids (MGMT cover)

Ben Lee – Kids (MGMT cover)


Now for something a little...okay a lot different.

I already made Will listen to this band and they are for lack of a better word…odd. Micachu and the Shapes is a band from London who's sound I would compare to, well I'm not sure what I would compare it to.


A better way to describe it would be the feeling their music gives me. The first time I listened to them is like the first I heard the Yeah, Yeah, Yeah's...whom I love...but let's be honest, they're a little bit much to handle right away. After a few listens I was hooked and listened to the album non-stop for a month, so I decided to play it for a bunch of people and they gave me the "What the hell is this" face.


I promise that if you give Micachu and the Shapes a few listens (maybe more than a few) you will get hooked, their songs are catchy even if the melody and harmony are different than what you are used to.


I wouldn't lead you astray.


Micachu and the Shapes - Lips

Micachu and the Shapes - Just in Case


Enjoy

No comments: